Albie Aware Breast Cancer Foundation Executive Director
Albie Aware Breast Cancer Foundation (“Albie Aware”) began over 10 years ago, when in 2004 Doug Carson created the local 501(c)3 non-profit in memory of his late wife Alberta (Albie) Carson, who lost her battle with breast cancer on July 4, 2002. She left behind two wonderful sons, a devoted husband and loving Sacramento community. Albie Aware services include Mammography screenings, ultra sounds, biopsies, PET and MRI scans, breast health education classes, resource referrals, advocacy, and medical co-pay assistance. We partner with Sutter Health, Dignity Healthcare, UCD student run clinics and many free and low-cost clinics.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Albie Aware’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize Albie Aware volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong board of directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing local operations and increased outreach.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain Albie Aware’s team
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
Planning & New Business:
- Complete the strategic business planning process to expand reach and assistance programs
- Begin to build partnerships in new areas, establishing relationships with the funders and political and community leaders
- Be an external local and regional presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Albie Aware’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience and certifications that demonstrates mastery of a given field of study; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Preferred experience in nonprofit organizations; past success working with a board of directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
The Board of Directors has established a salary range of $70,000 to $100,000 and a competitive benefits package that reflects our commitment to excellence in leadership. It is our goal that the successful candidate be able to start work no later than 3/31/19. Actual start date prior to 3/31/19 is negotiable.
Please submit a cover letter that explains how your interest and experience align with the leadership skills and attributed stated, a current resume and three references to:
Albie Aware Breast Cancer Foundation
c/o Kim Tucker
2031 K Street,
Sacramento, CA 95811
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org