As Sacramento’s leading breast cancer foundation, we provide immediate support to ANYONE facing a breast cancer diagnosis, going through treatment or living as a survivor.
We assist with a very broad range of people and situations. Whether or not you have medical insurance, we can help with the cost of receiving diagnostic testing for breast cancer. You may need a referral for a plastic surgeon, oncologist or a second opinion. You may need questions answered about breast cancer and your treatment options. We welcome you and your family to meet with us at our Albie Aware Office to help you begin your journey, sort through your test results, look into treatment options or pick up some turbans and receive a hug.
We are here for you.
Any of the following sound like you? We can help.
- I’m over 40 and I need an annual mammogram and I don’t have insurance.
- I’m under 40. Do I need an annual mammogram? I think I have a family history and I’m afraid I’ll get it.
- I have a lump, an indentation, breast pain, or nipple discharge and I don’t have insurance.
- It’s time for my annual mammogram or six-month follow- up. I have insurance but my deductible or co-pay makes it too expensive.
- I’ve just been diagnosed with breast cancer. I’m scared and I don’t know what to do next.
- I’m a breast cancer survivor. My doctor suggests I get an MRI or PET scan every year, but my insurance won’t pay for it.
- I’ve recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. I had surgery but now I have consults with three different doctors about all my treatment options. Can someone go with me to my appointments?
- I recently found a lump in my breast. I had an ultrasound and my doctor said, “Watch it and come back in six months.” I don’t know if I’m comfortable with waiting.
- My mom is starting chemotherapy and needs a resource to find a wig and also a support group.
- Can you recommend a support group in my area?
- What type of resources are available to build my immune system while I’m in treatment?
- My insurance won’t cover my medications. What do I do?
- Where can I go for a second opinion?
- How do I participate in a clinical trial?