Make an Impact – Join Our Board
Albie Aware is currently looking for positive leaders with a passion for our mission to join our board of directors!
Why join? Board members make a difference at Albie Aware. Our board of directors guides our strategic direction and our long-term sustainability. Their leadership helps ensure our vision, our values and our commitment to supporting women and men in the greater Sacramento area who are facing breast cancer.
Board members work collaboratively with other members, the executive director, the staff, and other volunteers. They are expected to contribute in ways that match their interests, abilities, talents, and connections.
We value a broad range of personal and professional backgrounds. This year, we are especially seeking people with experience working in:
- Public Health or Healthcare
- Act in the spirit of the Albie Aware vision, mission, and values
- Help set goals and long-term organizational strategies and support achieving them
- Assist the Executive Director to assure legal and financial compliance
- Prepare for and attend board meetings and actively contribute your knowledge and views in an honest and mutually respectful manner
- Thoughtfully leverage personal and/or professional connections to further the organization’s fundraising goals
- Contribute to fundraising efforts by volunteering when possible
- Maintain knowledge of current Albie Aware programs
- Be accessible to staff, respond in a timely way to staff requests, and serve as a resource to staff members in areas where you have knowledge or expertise
- Serve as a liaison between Albie Aware and other organizations and individuals where you have personal or professional connections
The time commitment for membership is approximately 6-10 hours per month on board, committee, and fundraising related duties.