To provide assistance for life-saving diagnostic testing, patient advocacy, prevention education and compassionate support to local individuals facing or fighting breast cancer
Our Story Starts With Our Name
Albie Aware Breast Cancer Foundation is the good that springs from tragedy. We are named for Alberta “Albie” Carson who lost her battle with breast cancer in 2002. Albie’s husband, Doug, founded Albie Aware Breast Cancer Foundation in 2004 to honor his wife and to offer hope to others. Please click here to read Albie’s inspiring story.
We are a local 501(c)3 nonprofit, serving the greater Sacramento area by bringing awareness, support, resources, and comfort to anyone who has heard someone in a white coat say, “You may have breast cancer.” We focus on the person, not just the disease.
Albie Aware Replaces Fear with Facts!
- We answer all your questions about your diagnosis and your options.
- We pay for testing or help with your copay if you cannot afford it.
- We advocate for you by accompanying you to your appointments, chemo treatments, and even wig shopping.
- We encourage early detection through self-examination.
- We bring awareness to the community through free breast health classes and community health fairs.
- We raise funds to help others.
In short, we offer peace of mind!
When It Comes To Cancer, Being Aware Is Being Prepared.
The legacy of Albie Carson is an organization that’s passionate about cancer prevention, early detection, bringing awareness of tests and treatment options, and helping you when you need it the most.