Dear Friends, Survivors, and Supporters,
How are you doing? I ask because we at Albie Aware truly care. I am here to report that we’re hanging in there through the challenges that 2020 has thrown at us. At times like these, I am proud to be a part of Albie Aware Breast Cancer Foundation, working to assist Sacramento-area individuals facing the worst diagnosis at the scariest of times.
The risk is real
We are facing a grave worldwide threat to our health and economic stability, a threat that is disproportionately impacting communities of color and women… the people we serve.
I have spoken with several of our clients who have been laid off, no longer have insurance, and are in great need of our services. We have seen a spike in need as this pandemic continues, which means more demand on our resources, while most of our revenue sources have been eliminated.
So, what are we doing about it?
We continue to search for creative ways to fund our mission, keep our clients safe, our employees working, and our doors open. Specifically, we are:
- Assisting people by advocating for them with healthcare organizations and insurance companies.
- Helping those affected by breast cancer to navigate their scary journey.
- Teaching breast health classes in English and Spanish.
- Continuing to be a shoulder to cry on when the ordeal seems overwhelming.
Without funding, we cannot be there for you, your family, your friends, your neighbors. That’s where creativity comes in. We recently produced our first virtual fundraiser – a virtual tour and tasting of premium Australian wines, courtesy of Epicurean Wines. We are immensely grateful to them. Perhaps we could sponsor an exploration of Amador County or Napa Valley wines next.
Our ever-faithful Pink Ladies are trying something new this year…a virtual ticket purchase in lieu of a party. Our friends at Dutch Bros Coffee are also shifting gears in their effort to help Albie Aware. More information to come.
Do you have an idea for a fundraiser?
If you have an idea for a fundraising event, please contact me. Some ideas to consider are:
- Celebrate your birthday by asking for donations to Albie Aware.
- Organize a virtual walk/run/swim for our benefit.
- Sign up for our Albie Always program.
- Sell tickets for a virtual fundraising cocktail party.
- Host a golf tournament.
- Have an on-line auction.
- Host a documentary ‘watch party’.
If you would like to discuss these or any other ideas to help Albie Aware, please contact me at email@example.com or (916) 927-1592.
Thank you for your ongoing and generous support of Albie Aware.