October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month – the month when Albie Aware urges you to donate or volunteer to help support those affected by this insidious disease. This year, because of the disruptions caused by COVID-19, the need is especially great. Here are five ways you can support your family, friends, and neighbors facing or fighting breast cancer.
1. Support Albie Aware’s generous partners
- Purchase a Pink Patch from the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department, Elk Grove Police Department or Auburn Parks and Recreation. Click Here and Here for more information.
- Participate in a fine wine tasting from Bailaran Cellars [Download flyer here] or the Pink Ladies virtual fundraiser.
- Enjoy Pink Drinks from Java Detour – Citrus Heights, delicious food from Pasta Ala Mode, or Dutch Bros coffee [Find a location close to you].
- Purchase Brighton BCA jewelry , Rome Cruz & Loove T-shirts, or Albie Aware face masks.
- Be a good sport and support the Sacramento Kings, Lady Legendz, Sacramento Republic FC, or the Fox Whole Family Foundation.
2. Wear pink
Bring awareness and inspiration to others by proudly wearing a pink ribbon or by adding pink to your wardrobe during October (or throughout the year). You will also be helping breast cancer patients and survivors by acknowledging their struggle.
Your time is as precious as your money. Contact Albie Aware (916) 927-1592 for volunteer opportunities., If you know someone fighting breast cancer, step up and offer to help them with transportation, shopping, making meals, or just listening to their concerns, as well as their triumphs.
4. Organize an event
Most events are virtual this year. Set a fundraising goal, then gather your friends and co-workers online to view inspirational videos, laugh, play music, or share stories about loved ones who may have been affected by breast cancer.
5. Educate yourself
Visit the Albie Aware website to learn more about this disease that affects 1 in 8 women in the U.S. Did you know that women in the U.S. are diagnosed with breast cancer every two minutes? And did you know that men can also get breast cancer? When you know the facts, you can spread awareness and help educate others on the importance of diagnostic testing.
Bring awareness to breast cancer all year
While breast cancer gets a lot of attention in October, it never takes a break. Contact Albie Aware (916) 927-1592 today and find out how you can help.